The Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology and the Department of Public Health Dentistry of Azeezia College of Dental Science and Research, Kollam, is conducting a five day program from 20th march to 25th march 2019 in commemoration of the world oral health day 2019.
Programs organized by Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology:
- The logo for the world oral health Day for Azeezia College of Dental Science and Research was released and awareness videos were played in patient waiting area.
- Posters on oral health and awareness were displayed in the department and reception area.
- Pamphlets on oral health and hygiene printed in regional language were distributed to the patients and public.
- Patients reporting to the department were requested to answer the questionnaire regarding oral health awareness, their answers were assessed and proper instructions were given. Pamphlets, Tooth brushes,paste, mouth washes were distributed. Tooth brushing techniques were demonstrated.
- Coloring and drawing activities regarding oral health were conducted for the kids. Tooth brushing charts and calendars were distributed.
- Awareness talk on oral health and hygiene was given at community health center, Nedumpana, Kollam. Posters on oral health and awareness were displayed in the hospital premises. Pamphlets, Tooth brushes, paste and mouth washes were distributed. Tooth brushing techniques were demonstrated.
- Awareness talk on oral health and hygiene are scheduled for ASHA workers of rural areas of kollam.
- Awareness talk on oral health and hygiene are scheduled for the inmates of Nirbhaya, Kollam.
Programs organized by Department of Public Health Dentistry:
- Dental screening camp was conducted at Sree Dharma Shastra Temple,Kannanalloor,Kollam which was attended by 70 people.
- Dental exhibition was conducted in the campus displaying various study models regarding the etiology of oral diseases, posters to create awareness about the prevention of oral diseases. All the patients who visited the exhibition were educated about the causes, prevention and treatment of oral diseases.
- Art competition using dental materials was conducted and prizes distributed for the students.