On the occasion of World Oral Health Day, 20/March/2022 Department of Public Health Dentistry Government Dental College and Hospital Nagpur will observe various month-long activities, to spread oral health awareness. The major event will be organized to conclude the activities and outreach camps on 21st March 2022. Even results for the various competitions will be declared that day.
The list of events are as follows
1. Selfie contest: a selfie contest is organized for college students, with the theme “Be Proud of Your Mouth”. The selfie will be with the frame. Results will be declared on 21st March
2. Drawing and slogan competition: drawing and slogan competition is organized for school children. The theme for the competition is “Healthy teeth Healthy Body” and “Be Proud of Your Mouth”. All drawings will be displayed in Government Dental College and Hospital premises on 21st March 2022. Results will be declared on 21st March
3. Beyond the “Tooth Paste Campaign” will be launched on 21st March 2022. The aim of this campaign will be to educate the masses about proper oral hygiene maintenance. For a healthy mouth, toothpaste does not matter as long as it is fluoridated, what matters is the proper brushing technique, and maintaining proper oral hygiene practice routine. The public will also be educated about the Ill effect of tobacco on oral health.
4. A pit and fissure sealant school camp are also organized. In this school children will be screened, and pit and fissure application will be done in suitable children, with prior parental consent.
5. A video will be released for oral health awareness on the theme “Be Proud of Your Mouth.” The video will be displayed in the institute’s video display unit henceforth.
6. An exhibition will be displayed in the institute premised which will focus on educating the patients and public on various oral health diseases.
Hanuman Nagar, Medical Chowk, Nagpur, Maharashtra 440003