The Nigerian Dental Association is a member of FDI World Dental Federation. From 13 to 24 March 2020, they held several events, including:
- community outreach at various locations both by national and state chapters;
- drive-through walks in market places and motor parks by different state chapters;
- lectures, health talks in local government areas, schools, and dental centres;
- photoshoots with pledge cards and boards;
- media events at radio and television stations across the country; and
- a social media campaign for 30 days preceding WOHD.
The events were well attended and very engaging — both through social media and through in-person attendance. The TV and radio media were largely agog with the events.
The African Independent Television, a national television station, was present at the Lagos event and reported on it in their news broadcast.
The Nigerian Television Authority covered state-organized events and conducted interviews with the local event organizers.
Events were reported in the news by about 10 radio stations across the country, including Raypower, Wazobia FM, City radio, Odenigbo FM, Ebeonadi FM Ogidi, and Alpha radio Nnobi. Interviews were done both in English and in local languages. The estimated outreach is six million across the country.